5 sources
Almost like a good book, I find myself coming back to podcasts because they’re simple. They’re easy to listen to. It’s like you’re watching a video but without a screen in your face. Podcasts give me a nice break from a screen and really put me inside a story. With just a person’s voice, I use my imagination much more than if a screen were to visualize a story for me.
I’ve been told multitasking isn’t possible, but with a podcast in my ear, and a task to do, they both seem to blend seamlessly into one smooth musical piece. Podcasts that cover Geopolitics, exploration, the arts, and history are what I listen to most, with one of my favorite podcasts being The Shawn Ryan Show.
Since 2022, I’ve been listening to The Shawn Ryan Show. He is a former Navy Seal and CIA contractor who now runs his very own podcast where he invites a wide range of voices from individuals who have witnessed and acted out anything and everything that's behind closed doors. From the man who sho bin Laden, to a refugee from North Korea and even to Donald Trump. With podcasts being made by numerous creators, bias is sometimes blatantly evident, especially if multiple people are talking about the same topic. I find it interesting to listen to the different perspectives on the same topic because it opens your mind up to different angles of a certain story. Maybe said event was an inside job, or maybe it was all staged! From conspiracy theories to blatant political bias, the multiple perspectives and different angles make listening to recent world events that much more interesting.
Instagram, one of the most popular social media platforms, has a multifaceted view of world events. With its short form content and minute-long videos, it’s easier to absorb summarized information than long pieces of text or an hour long textbook chapter or blog post.
Short term content is a dominant aspect of Generation Z on the internet. Some of my favorite content creators that cover news stories make those stories make sense in a much more condensed format and still peak my interest despite the stories’ dumbed down nature. I love to follow multiple military guys because they cover news on geopolitics in a way that is usually unbiased and give me the real uncensored view.
YouTube is a long time running social platform, but she still goes strong. YouTube has the best of both worlds with its newly released YouTube shorts and its classic YouTube videos.
YouTube is a source for news, as well as a Time Machine. I love to go to local libraries and look through their records and archives and this is no different. Really, the only difference is that I can access any history of any place. I can watch old news broadcasts as far as the 1960’s.
In fact most of my favorite content creators that post on other social media platforms also have a presence on YouTube! BBC, local news stations, and global news channels have a YouTube channel where you can watch past broadcasts and videos made specially for YouTube.
A classic news source covering everything from stocks and financials to what a recent bodega cat did that went viral, anything goes. Well written and well thought out, New York Times has remained one of my favorite source of news since age of 16. Its iconic large type font and renowned authors seemed like celebrities to me.
At first, when I was only 16, I really only liked to read 1819 project. But as I grew and matured, I realized the world is much bigger than I thought. Now i'm not so sure if NYT is as reliable as it used to be.
It’s a good source to follow up on news because that is what its purpose is: to deliver news. There’s a reason many, like myself, turn to New York Times for a quick pick-me-up on recent events.
No one does it like America, but who better to report on an event that took place in Wales than England itself. BBC, or British Broadcasting Corporation gives a different perspective on world events than an American broadcasting network would. Plus, a good accent never hurt anyone.
The biggest reason I find BBC useful is the ability to see my country's news with and outside perspective, or the perspective on other foreign bodies.
No comments:
Post a Comment